Master's Career Interview: Benjamin Patient
Benjamin Patient earned his MA at Rollins College in Human Resources. He is now a Human Resource Senior Professional with the University of Colorado.
Use the Take Notes widget at the bottom right of the page to answer these questions and complete the exercises for this unit.
- What aspects of the day-to-day work of this career sound interesting to you? What aspects are unappealing?
- How did the speaker’s experience from their Master’s program prepare them for this career? What projects, internships or other experiences did they find were the most helpful?
- What steps did the speaker take to find their first job after their Master’s?
- In reflecting on the video, what experiences could you take advantage of in your Master’s program that would help you in your future career?
- Do you have the skills that are necessary for this career, or would you need to develop additional skills?
- If you were going to pursue a career in this field, how would you apply what you have learned from the speaker? What would you do next?