Master's Career Interview: Maria Salciccioli
Maria Salciccioli earned her MEd at Brown University. She is now a Senior Research Associate with WestEd.
Use the Take Notes widget at the bottom right of the page to answer these questions and complete the exercises for this unit.
- What aspects of the day-to-day work of this career sound interesting to you? What aspects are unappealing?
- How did the speaker’s experience from their Master’s program prepare them for this career? What projects, internships or other experiences did they find were the most helpful?
- What steps did the speaker take to find their first job after their Master’s?
- In reflecting on the video, what experiences could you take advantage of in your Master’s program that would help you in your future career?
- Do you have the skills that are necessary for this career, or would you need to develop additional skills?
- If you were going to pursue a career in this field, how would you apply what you have learned from the speaker? What would you do next?